- This event has passed.
COP26…. What now? Building Public Sector Capacity to Deliver on Net Zero
08/12/2021 @ 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Sustainable Scotland Network is holding this interactive conference (via MS Teams) to explore what next for the public sector post COP26. Hear from a range of speakers (from Local Government, NatureScot, the NHS and Scottish Water) and join workshops to discuss the challenges facing the public sector in developing the skills and finance necessary to achieve net zero.
- Net zero direct emissions – setting and meeting targets led by Mark Williams, Scottish Water
- Nature based sequestration on public sector land led by Brendan Turvey, Nature Scot
- Reducing embodied emissions in supply chains led by Chris Francis, Scottish Water
- Skills for transition to net zero led by Mhairi Creanor, Zero Waste Scotland
- Putting the Just Transition into practice TBC
The conference audience will include leaders, policy makers and practitioners from across the Scottish public sector, including local authorities, NHS Boards, universities and colleges and the wide array of national and regional public bodies that are all actively involved in SSN.
Register here to book